Friday, November 30, 2012


Post 10: English Language Challenges


I must say that I always like learning languajes, especially english. For the record and being honest I had english classes only at school (primary and secondary). After that, in my first year at university (on 2006), I lost my  E-test appointment so I couldn’t take the subject. Now practically finishing my career was a concern to study english first because is a must to get my degree, and also because nowadays is important to have a good command of english to get a job, to be able to read articles career related, and last but not least for the simple reason of learning things everyday.
When I was on mi first year on this University the English Department was really unknown, and the diferent classes (levels) were seeing  by the students as a boring a useless one, besides the english class was like a distraction from other classes career related. This has change in the last time, now I think that at university is remarkable the importance given to this lenguaje. Obviously is in response to a twist in the strategy and the effort of using the english as a tool that brings value to the students. I like this twuist because brings the study more dinamism, and allow you to learn stuff that you actually are going tu use.
Using Blogs for me has being a real challenge because after I finish school my “lenguage relation” was only watching tv and then memorizing new vocabulary and listening attentively to improve my pronunciation, so writting was definitely my weakest area. It’s tough but not impossible I think. Maybe would be more usefull to write blogs about articles in the newspaper that are career related, that way you practice your english and you start to practice at the same tipe.
I think my gramar is really bad so that is a critical area for improving my english level. To solve this i’m planning to keep studying english, to (maybe someday) certificate my english level with TOEFL or IELTS.  
I’m now using my english to read a lot of articles to all my class J

No comments:

Post a Comment